HPR Show Stables encourages the development of the complete horse person. We will work with you in any capacity that you desire; From understanding the advantages of having a clean and well oiled saddle and bridle, to delving into the aliments of the leg and hoof and how prevention is the reason to do it right the first time, every time.
We will show you where to go for equipment, riding attire and supplies. We even have 2 repair technicians that will handle broken leather, and blankets with expediency and quick turn around time. Our laundry service does not cost an arm and a leg, and your laundry comes back spotless!
Maybe you don’t ride but love being a horse owner and want to learn from the ground? Holly will teach you grooming, hoof care, vet care, handling, lunging, long lining and driving. For the rider there is pleasure, trail and show riding. English,Western,Hunt Seat, Saddle Seat, Jumping and Dressage. We do it all and we do it for you!
It is called, yes that’s right, CUSTOMER SERVICE and it is alive and well at HPR Show Stables.
We encourage the adult rider to achieve a riding balance as they have busy lives and need to plug in that time just for themselves and there horse. We have discovered that …….
“Adult only” time brings a renewed sense of stepping into the realm of peace and solitude on a quiet steady lesson horse,
or your own horse. Maybe it’s 7:00 am cowboy coffee, scrambled eggs and bacon over an open fire, topped off by a trail ride over our 10 acres or a night, listening to your favorite oldies as you ride in our indoor ring, topped off with beverages of your choice and snacks in our lounge.
We also strive to help the youth of today to grow into the giving, responsible adults of tomorrow.
Our training and lesson mission with our horses and riders is to instill a foundation of core understanding and skills, that enable each horse and rider to achieve their desired success while having fun in a safe, friendly environment.
We do this by:
Emphasizing the proper mental and physical preparation before beginning each lesson. Reviewing the previous lesson’s basics to set the stage for learning that day. In addition we formulate future goals for the lessons that will follow.
We believe in, before and after student involvement with their mount, other horses, and students in the barn. This helps to initiate the desired result through trust and relationship building.
- Informal chats about theory as it happens during a lesson is a great way to cement current skills and link to the next skill.
- Periodic video taping of lessons, training sessions and show ring performances to review and learn through the beauty of visualization. Currently we are taping lessons and training for This is a wonderful tool for visualization from one lesson to the next helping to correct and enhance riders’ performances.
- From fall through early spring we offer Saddle Seat and Hunt Seat Interscholastic Equestrian Teams (Zone 5, region4), www.rideiea.org Horse Shows. We also show in winter tournament shows at Windy Knoll Farms in Sullivan Ohio, www.windyknollfarms.com
- Spring through fall also brings participation in local, Tri State, USEF A and B rated, and up to The Morgan Grand National and World Championships in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. www.morgangrandnational.com
- For the student that would like to participate at a horse show to see what it is all about, we offer the Academy Classes, which are at many shows and are designed strictly and only for the rider that is in a lesson program.
- At HPR Show Stables we offer shows for just for our riders so that students can experience the show ring in a comfortable setting that they are use to and the horses they know.
Many goals of HPR Show Stables are accomplished in our summer camps. Our youth and adult camps encompass and fulfill the dreams, desires, and goals of each student. The building of safety and equestrian skills, camaraderie, team work, positive self esteem, and a deeper awareness into equine behavior is all a major part of the strategy at summer camp.